Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We consider compliance with the privacy laws and principles highly important in servicing you as a customer of our Dealership. If you have any concerns or if you would like to lodge a complaint because you believe we have breached our privacy obligations, please contact us via phone, email or at our physical address.
An appropriate member of staff will address your complaint.
Accuracy of Information
We may update, modify or delete any information contained within or accessible through our web site at any time without notice.
We do not warrant that the information contained within or accessible through our web site is accurate, without error or contains information relating to overseas models. All images, specifications, videos and comments should be verified with us before the time of purchase.
Access / Updating Your Information
We appreciate your help in keeping your details up-to-date by contacting us when such information changes. Please email us changes to your name, address, phone, email or vehicle ownership.
You have rights to access your personal information held by us subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like to correct or update your personal information, or seek access to your information, please contact us either by phone, email or at our physical address.
If you have any comments in regard to the information contained within this page or should you want to make an enquiry regarding personal information relating to you that we may in our possession, please contact us via phone, email or at our physical address.
Northpoint Toyota is part of the OneToyota network of Toyota organisations in Australia (each a OneToyota organisation), comprising:
- Authorised Toyota dealiers in Australia
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia ABN 64 009 686 097 ("Toyota Australia");
- Toyota Finance Australia Limited ABN 48 002 435 181 ("Toyota Finance");
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd trading as “Toyota Insurance” ABN 11 132 524 282; and
- “Toyota WA” (distributors of Toyota products in Western Australia comprising Prestige Motors Pty Ltd ABN 62 008 679 258 as trustee for the Prestige Toyota Unit Trust and Eastpoint Pty Ltd ABN 64 008 687 367).
How Northpoint Toyota and OneToyota may use your information
Northpoint Toyota and other OneToyota organisations may collect, hold, use and share with each other your information for a variety of purposes including to:
- provide you an integrated OneToyota guest experience, such as sending you a “Welcome Pack” after vehicle purchase, and allowing you to be known across the network regardless of which OneToyota organisation you deal with;
- supply their products and services to you (including new and used vehicles, parts, accessories, warranties, vehicle servicing, repair, financial and insurance products, roadside assist);
- provide Automatic Collision Notification (ACN), Emergency Call (SOS), Stolen Vehicle Tracking (SVT) and other connected vehicle services (“Connected Services”) which are enabled in your vehicle from time to time, if your vehicle is fitted with Connected Services functionality (for more on Connected Services, see below). Refer to your Owners’ Manual or toyota.com.au/connected to confirm applicability to your vehicle;
- respond to and assist with your enquiries;
- process payments
- maintain records for product recall, vehicle trade-in, accounting and administration purposes;
- keep your information up to date;
- provide you with information, invitations and marketing communications about Toyota and/or OneToyota products, services and events that may be of interest to you (for more on Marketing, see next section);
- obtain your feedback about products, services and events (including via surveys) and handle complaints;
- meet regulatory and legal obligations; and
- use data in aggregated form to analyse vehicle and/or road safety, environmental and energy issues, advanced technologies and usage.
Northpoint Toyota and other OneToyota organisations may disclose your personal information to:
- their contractors or agents in Australia and overseas*, and Toyota Motor Corporation Japan (parent company of Toyota Australia and Toyota Finance), to fulfil any of the purposes above;
- Toyota entities overseas such as Toyota Connected Europe (in the UK) and Toyota Motors North America (in the USA) to support provision of Connected Services in Australia;
- financial instituations for payment purposes;
- other third parties so they can supply you with products or services you require; and
- government authorities, for example for vehicle registration and compulsory third party insurance purposes.
* Some of these contractors and agents are located overseas, including in Singapore, Japan, United States of America, United Kingdom and Sweden, and as a result your personal information may be disclosed overseas.
If you do not provide Northpoint Toyota particular information, Northpoint Toyota and/or other OneToyota organisations may not be able to consider your request, provide products or services to you or perform their warranty obligations.
If your vehicle is fitted with Connected Services functionality, your vehicle will collect and transmit vehicle data for Connected Services unless and until you opt out of Connected Services. Connected Services operate by using data collected from you and your Toyota connected vehicle, including your personal information and vehicle location.
If your vehicle’s Connected Services functionality is enabled, you must inform passengers and drivers of your vehicle that vehicle data is collected, held, used and disclosed by OneToyota organisations for Connected Services.
Northpoint Toyota and other OneToyota organisations (including their contractors/agents if any acting on their behalf) may send you marketing and information about Toyota products, services, special offers, promotions, surveys and events that may be of interest to you. Such marketing may include joint promotions with other promotion partners, and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as post, phone, email or SMS.
Your consent to receive marketing communications from the OneToyota network in the above ways will be deemed to be ongoing if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so, or unless and until you advise otherwise.
Access and correction
You can contact your Dealer using the details provided in this contract of sale, or as otherwise provided by Northpoint Toyota or its website.
Phone 1800 TOYOTA (1800 869 682)
Email For product and service enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For privacy enquiries: email@example.com
Post Toyota Australia, 155 Bertie Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207
Phone 137 200
Post Toyota Finance Customer Solutions Centre
PO Box 1354, Macquarie Centre, NSW 2113
Phone For information regarding your insurance policy or to make a claim:
1300 658 027
For privacy enquiries: 137 200
Fax (03) 9867 3640
Post Toyota Insurance
PO Box 7212, Melbourne VIC 3004
Phone (08) 9268 8844
Fax (08) 9221 2964